JP On Gaming

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Gods Hate Me

A while ago, I reported that I had sent in an entry for Chaosium's Adventure Writing Contest for Cthulhu Invictus (the Roman era CoC). Well it's been a long time. A very long time indeed... I sent my submission sometime in June or July of 2010! That was a long time coming... But better late than never! I have not yet received my copy of the monograph (and have sent a query to the good folk at Chaosium about it).

I am very happy to be counted among the list of winners, among which is my good friend Osk. I did not participate in 2011's contest, but plan to do so if Chaosium again hold an adventure contest in the summer of 2012.

My own submission used to be the first chapter in my Invictus Campaign. Yes, the one I abandoned. Why? It would've required 300 pages to explain what I planned to do and 500 to write the adventures themselves. However, there are a number of bright points in there. So I went through the original adventure, trimmed all the campaign-specific information and ended up with the final version. I was lucky enough to have play-tested that adventure twice. I really like it.

You can buy the monograph from Chaosium directly. Monographs are only available through them, not through your FLGS.

This monograph is the second Chaosium publication that features some of my own material (the other being 2009's BRP Adventures).

Check it out and let me know...

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment