JP On Gaming

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A new map and a new map tool

So way back when, I backed a map making tool on Kickstarter called "Other World Mapper" (see the Campaign here, you may still get in while they are in Beta 5). For the first few iterations, I did nothing with it, just waited for the tool to mature and for my needs for it to increase. Well tonight, I decided to download, install and play with it a little.

WOW!

The tool is VERY, and I mean VERY intuitive and easy to use, unlike its main competitor, Campaign Cartographer. I quickly made a map, which I deleted and began to work on a better map than for the ArchDespotate than the one I have been using (a piece of paper with notes). The following map took me about an hour to do as I learned the controls and how to make things look the way I wanted. I really love the fact that it is extremely easy to connect things like rivers and roads (which I did not put here). Even putting two adjoining regions is super easy. I will be playing with this tool a lot more in the future.

I know my authors will be very happy to get this. I know I am... I even added a few more settlements since making this graphic for you guys. The map will be given for free to all those who purchased "The ArchDespotate of Faremh" book on DriveThru/RPGNow

Click on the map for a larger version.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment