JP On Gaming

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

NeoExodus on Free RPG Day [Kickstarter, Hero lab]

Some of you may have already seen (through Twitter or Facebook or G+), but Louis Porter and I have been toying with the idea. No. That's not right. We've decided we wanted to put in a NeoExodus adventure as part of 2012's Free RPG Day. Now I've been participating in that since... what is it, 2009? Well I love the idea as it promotes table-top gaming across the world (at least in my area).

To help us raise the funds, we plan on using kickstarter to get as many goodies as we can to you. This would cover the printing costs and the art costs. And the end result would be to provide in YOUR local store more NeoExodus adventures. I will post here more information about the Kickstarter when we approach the conclusion of the project. I REALLY encourage you to participate if you can as it means more art, more goodies, more NeoExodus products to your store and more to play!

So Louis and I have been talking about what we want to do. How can we showcase NeoExodus in a small document we can get people to play in under four hours. Those constraints are NOT easy as a writer, but not impossible either. Adding to those constraints, we need to provide an introduction to the world, pregens (yes, we will use our iconics) and perhaps most important of all, a fun adventure to play!

I had a half-idea (a basic outline was more like it), but nothing with a hook I really liked. Then this morning, as Louis and I were facebook chatting (as usual), he came up with another half idea that mixed with mine gave the hook I needed.

The good news? You will get another fun NeoExodus adventure next year. Even this introductory adventure is designed to show you what NeoExodus is, and let you in on our twisted minds. And trust me, nothing in NeoExodus is ever as easy or simple as walking through the forest...

While we are at it, something that's been bugging me for a long time, and I may use the opportunity to finally do: more Iconics. Yes... While I love the ones we already have, I've been wanting to create one iconic for every race in the campaign book. That means FIVE MORE ICONICS! We have been talking about roping that in with the Kickstarter, and that's a likely case. (you will notice there are only 5...)

  • Cavian Wizard
  • Dalrean Druid
  • Gevet Oracle
  • Kalisan Barbarian
  • Sasori Ranger

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I have a minion who is working on adapting the NeoExodus campaign setting (and hopefully more things that will come later as well) to Hero Lab! That way you will be able to create NeoExodus characters on your PC! It's not fully ready yet (we're still missing a fair amount of stuff), but I'm very excited about this... it'll save a lot of time creating characters! As soon as it becomes available, you know I'll be blogging about it.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment