JP On Gaming

Friday, August 28, 2009

Guild Wars 2 Trailer… FINALLY!

I make no secret of it that I am a Guild Wars fan for a number of reasons… But namely because once I pay for a game, the concept of paying a monthly fee is not something I want to do. Guild Wars costs a bit more to purchase (at least it did when I bought the game in March of ’08) but then you can play as much or as little as you want. My usage has waxed and waned over time, but I still enjoy playing the game to gain more titles or complete some of the hardest quests using my characters (I placed screen shots of them on the Guild Wars Wonderpage.

Guild Wars is a quest-oriented game, so you don’t spend hours fishing or doing similar time-wasting in-game activities just to raise some bizarre stat or skill. So you do quest or farm creatures in short… the fun things.

I know I drew the ire of some people by saying that, but when it’s true… it’s true! I even make jokes about how I “played 4e all evening”. The 4e-MMORPG comparison is not a new thing. I have often compared Guild Wars to a D&D 4e “beta” since 4e runs remarkably similarly to GW… The names of the powers are remarkably similar and the classes are very similar too.

Guild Wars 2 has been announced and talked about for a long time but finally, we see something other than partial rumors or stories of GW2 being pushed back some more…

So there you go… without further ado, the Guild Wars 2 Trailer.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment