JP On Gaming

Monday, December 23, 2019

[Kinda Book Report] Best of Heroic Fantasy V2

At Hypericon this year, I bought an anthology of Heroic Fantasy called The Best of Heroic Fantasy Quarterly. I knew nothing of them but thought it might be an interesting read.

This book contains a mixture of short stories and poetry.

The stories have a good "Conan" feel to them and many have a strong historical color, with viking and celtic flavor. The stories were well-written, engaging and intelligent. Quite a few of them I wanted to know more, wanted to continue reading the story further.

The poetry I did not care for. That's just not my thing, I read them quickly and without enjoyment. It is an art form teachers beat out of me. They leave me bored and wanting to get to the eat as quickly as possible.

So... I will rank this a 4/5 because of the poetry. With more stories, I could have bumped it up to a 4.5 (hence a 5). This is a solid 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment