JP On Gaming

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

What!? You can be the center of the world!

As some of you may have read in a previous post, I have been thinking about adding new elements to the campaign. So I looked at other campaigns for ideas.

I wanted something that was not offered anywhere else, something I would love to have available to my own characters in campaigns like Pathfinder Society.

And again, I went to Living Greyhawk. LG allowed "special missions." These allowed a player to complete story elements. Here is the text that appeared in the classic Living Greyhawk Campaign Standards.

Special Missions: These special regional adventures address many purposes, from meeting special in-game requirements for prestige classes to going back to a dungeon to finish off an evil cleric. Special missions are rare and not always approved, but they can be satisfying experiences for your PC. Contact your local Triad for more information on special missions. A PC may participate in only one special mission per year.

Simple right?

I was able to play a few for myself:
- Corfell Played a mission where he met with a representative of Corellon Larethian (requirement for the Contemplative prestige class
- Lady Torgga Became handmaiden to the Queen of the Khund Dwarves (Just RP)
- Lady Torgga Got married to my the character of my buddy Steve (Just RP)

And ran a few for people
- Resolved Tom-J's crisis of faith (personal RP)
- Jean-G did a mission to meet elves in the Udgru (RP)
- Eloise-A did a mission to meet an elemental oracle
- Lenny-L's mission did not end well for his cohort as he faced the

And those are just a few I remember off the top of my head. I have fond memories of those events. Players asked things of us that made their characters more interesting. Those adventure could not provide any item or monetary advantage.

So... I am wondering if this is something that would be a boon to the campaign. Something that could bring additional excitement to the campaign.

JP

1 comment:

  1. I helped write three special missions for Living Greyhawk. They were an excellent option.

    ReplyDelete