JP On Gaming

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

[Gencon AAR] Part 3

Part 1 | 2 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Saturday

Ozaka Campaign SettingJust like that, we were already passed the halfway point.

I had a slot to run, but did not have players. So I got a "free" slot.

The day went fine. A lot of repeat customers from previous years, but also from within the con. A testament to the great work my GMs did. I got to be entertained this year again by listening to them wield they craft. I am always fascinated by how each GM has a different touch, a different flavor, which DOES change and alter with the table. I know many of you love to listen to the great podcasts, but I still maintain that the best work is done by normal people, doing their best and crafting stories with their players.

If you haven't, thank you GM(s) today.

Thank you, Randy! (who tolerates my antics in his Vampire: Dark Ages chronicle)

The evening was, to me, The Big One, the second Ozaka special, called The Battle of Shiro Azaki. With this one, I was planning to shake the status quo in Ozaka. Advance the plot and allow me to tell different stories that would really separate it form the situation in Olympia.

Sunday

Sunday... Always sad to see it come. It's always a strange day... Who will show up? This year, I kept the Akhamet Special River Run, the special I had to re-write from scratch after I wrote myself in a corner. The resulting adventure was much stronger, though my main fear was that it was overly ambitious with two distinct parts. Each could've been its own adventure. One with the Sobekites raising hell. And then the source of the problem, as Saggakara plots to destroy Ophara. Limited slots.

Despite everyone being really tired, there was a strong energy in the room.

In the end, we made several new converts to FOE games.

We did a quick pit stop to the dealer hall and it was time to drive back to Tennessee.

I don't remember much after that... Once home, I slept for... about 20 of the next hours. Took me three tries to get through WWE Smackdown.

Part 1 | 2 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Ozaka Campaign Setting

No comments:

Post a Comment