JP On Gaming

Monday, May 24, 2021

[Tau] Will's Breachers

These Tau are a commission I did for my friend Will. Last I painted tau was back around 2002 or 2003 when I lived in Quebec City.

Now this is a unit I never knew about... Breachers. They are fire warriors with carbines. Nothing overly exciting as a painter. Different helmets, bah.

Now one thing that upped the game was that Will added these gun blast from GF9. This was something different and exciting. My original idea when I got these minis was to paint a bluish fire.

I decided to go with a "marine" theme and paint these in blue/dark blue with red and white highlights. As I selected ith blue scheme, I had to change my direction for the blast and go with a regular yellow/red/black flame.

The blasts made gave the unit a "blast" of color (see the pun there?) that made them fun to paint as a unique unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment