JP On Gaming

Monday, August 12, 2024

Gencon 2024 After Action Report Part 1

Parts 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Before Gencon

On July 3rd, after rolling out a big day-job fix, I finally had a day off only to come down with Covid! I did very little but try to complete my final adventure. I generally try to finish all the regular adventures by Memorial Day (last Monday of May) and the specials by July 4th to allow the GMs time to review, comment, question, and sometimes, alter the adventure.

This time, I was mostly on-track save for one adventure. I flip-flopped over what I wanted to do, changing from one idea to nothing. Then getting sick made it all so much more difficult as for a week, I barely had two hours of clarity to focus and sit at the computer.

I sat at the computer but did little more than watch slack-jawed at the screen.

Doing nothing creative.

That Monday and Tuesday are absolutely excrutiatingly difficult and stretch on forever.

Wednesday the 31st

FOE Room

Somehow, the day of Gencon arrived. It was time to leave. YAY!

I got up early to drop off ActionMan at football practice before finishing to pack the car. ActionMan and I had packed most of it the night before.

Since I drove only two of us this year, I took my Elantra instead of the minivan to Gencon. The night before ActionMan and I played Tetris to put everything in the car. AND leave room for Thor's stuff.

SUCCESS!

I picked up Thor in the morning and we were off to Indianapolis.

We got there, stopped at the Murder Row hotel to check in. Then had a fun time driving through Indy to avoid the terrible traffic on the Interstates to reach our hotel. Checked in.

Then to the ICC to get the GM badges and do some early set up.

209 at the JW was a great room. At the other end of everything, but a great location.

After that, came time to go and have dinner. It has become something of a tradition to hit the Dennys to get a good solid meal. I ate like a pig as we waited to Chris-K and Matt-A to join us.

I ate too much and passed out on the bed.

Parts 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

No comments:

Post a Comment