JP On Gaming

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Slump...

It seems the holiday slump has me firmly in its grip! I have done very little actual (rpg/mini) work these past few weeks. The good news, however, is that I get to play a lot more! And playing more is the core of everything. In addition to my regular game nights (Wednesday night CoC and Friday night WHFRP), I’m getting a lot of Pathfinder playing time.

With the Pathfinder Society really getting up to speed in the Front Range (that’s the Denver/Colorado Springs area). Dave-D, the man solely responsible for getting this proverbial ball rolling really hooked us up. The monthly game night at Enchanted Grounds in southern Denver now runs with two overflowing tables, I expect we will go to 3 tables before long.

This past Saturday (Jan 9th), I ran the first of what I hope will become a regular game day at Gamer’s Haven. We ran two adventures (unfortunately for me, I was recalled home at the start of the second adventure). I am very encouraged by this and look forward to running some more. Dustin is working with the people at Castles’ Games and Gifts to run some more (at least it’s not at Heroes & Dragons). That makes for many play opportunities.

I am still working on my Cthulhu Invictus campaign, called “The Past Rises” as I currently run it for a few brave martyrs. I do take an approach that is a lot more fantastic than the usual CoC games I run, and that makes it fun. My players are losing a lot of sanity and that makes me happy. Disorders are starting to appear, NPCs begin to re-appear, and the horrors of the Mythos (and its servants) are doing a lot of bad things.

I am still working on my new World Building, but mostly fleshing out things based on what I already posted. It’s really odd. I find world building to be difficult and slow. Too slow for my own taste actually… But I need to keep my nose in the grindstone and work through this slump.

What about LFR? There is nothing to say about it that hasn’t been said already. I haven’t done anything and need to get my butt in gears to finish the latest adventure I’m working on. But motivation is not there, so it is even more difficult to get things done.

I know, I know, I said in my intro that I haven’t been writing anything. I meant to say that I haven’t written anything I liked. I did a lot of poking and tweaking of text, but nothing tangible I could show the world. And that, to me, is akin to doing nothing.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment