JP On Gaming

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Colorado Springs Fire: Real Life

Ever since I moved to Colorado Springs in 2005, I have seen and been part of so many things. But never in my life would I believe that being a city dweller that I am. But never would I have believed I would bear witness to the horror I am looking right now.

In case you did not know, there is a massive 5200 acre (at last count) wildfire burning just west of Colorado Springs. In the picture above: the driveway to my workplace is just behind the emergency vehicles on the left. I mean, that IS the driveway...

The west of town is on fire. Many homes are burning as I write this. I even saw the fire climb the slopes and set one of the home afire. I'm stunned right now.

Before anyone asks, my home is (currently) safe and quite far from the fire. We have difficulty breathing when leaving the basement and the kids, Julie and I will cram in the guest bedroom tonight.

I pray to the Lord that the current tally of no casualty holds, and though it sucks that property burns, I prefer that to human life.

Dear Lord protect the families of the evacuees and my family and everyone in our community. A special prayer goes to those people working tirelessly to protect us: Mayor Bach, Sheriff Makida, Chief Brown and everyone working with and under them.

Our prayers are with all of you. I can't wait for this situation to be resolved.

Here is an article on the situation by the Denver Post that contains some more information.

If you are evacuated and need a place to go. Contact me, we'll take you in.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment