JP On Gaming

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

[Commission] Warforge Alchemist

The second commission for Ron.

I believe this is the first time I painted a warforged... I just never use them in my games, so I never had any reason to paint one.

Again, he gave me pretty simple instructions. "Go with a blue scheme" was all he said.

At first, I thought about making him of blue-tinted metal... But quick tests did not make it look good. I wanted a subtle blue but it didn't work out. Came out too blue.

So instead, I chose to make the wrapping a deeper shape of blue and the body more dirty steel metallic. The result is that the brown leather really pops against the metal and the blue draws the eye.

For the base, I painted a broken lantern and a skull that were there, peeking out of the grass, leading to the question: what happened to their owner? Maybe I'm just too entertained, but I amused myself by the story they told.

One funny thing is that the model had a support line that connected directly into the warforged's mouth. I left it there and painted it as a cigar, and extra accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment