JP On Gaming

Friday, January 8, 2021

Space Marine Adventures: A review-ish

This year, I offered ActionMan Space Marines Adventure: Labyrinth of the Necrons, a small cooperative board game where you take on the role of a space marine trying to take on the necron overlord in a labyrinth ever-filling with necron warriors.

As we played, ActionMan, Florent-F, and I, we quickly discovered the game was not as simple as initially thought. The labyrinth gets tougher with each of its three phases. And each character brings something different to the game.

ActionMan took control of the Blood Angel and Space Wolf. Florent had the Imperial Fist with the heavy-bolter. I played the Separatist sergeant, wielding a bolt pistol and chainsword.

Fun, fast, and easy once you've played a few turns. The game takes about 30-60 minutes to play and has a lot of replayability, even more if you use some of the characters available online. This is a beer and pretzel game that does not require the tactical genius of space hulk.

I would rate this 4/5 but my enjoyment was greatly enhanced by looking at the minis and finding how cool they were and how much I enjoyed looking at them. ActionMan shares my rating of 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment