JP On Gaming

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Conglomeration 2016: After Action Report, Part 2

Here is Part 1.

Saturday morning I was full of nervous energy. Would players show up? I got some food and unpacked my stuff, banner, books, minis. I soon declared myself happy and satisfied. Now let's get ready to do it.

My first game started mostly on time. It was the fairly light "ToS1-08 Sailing down the Kiflan". I say light because the next two adventures have a very dark tone to them. Starting light and easy helped me get into my groove. Nice, lucky shot, JP! Game was fun to run and it went very well.

The afternoon game was the darker and more story-important "ToS1-09 One final night of freedom". I will admit that I was very worried about this one, as I ha d only a single player registered for it. But in short order, I had four players and they were off helping Queen-to-be Hellebora on her journey. Again, it went very well and the players soon threw "Service is Eternal" back at me...

It stung a little. But it was worth it.

I ran to my next panel as the game overran a little. How to be a freelancer, had a great panel: an editor (Carol), an artist (Jaye), and a writer, yours truly. Again it worked by answering questions from the audience, and interjecting personal stories and anecdotes. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and traded a few business cards.

Networking all three of us stressed, so networking we did.

My evening slot was for a Call of Cthulhu game I wrote years ago, In Darkness, I wait. There is usually a reason the Keeper does not give players grenades or access to explosives. So when you go out of your way to acquire them...

Yup.

I tried to be kind with them, but if that's what they want and they want to do all kinds of cool things... Well grenades are dangerous.

Then it was time for more sleep.

I was out between light on and light off.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment