JP On Gaming

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Five signs I'm not becoming southern

And now for some light entertainment.

I have now been in the south for two years. While I do like it a lot I realize that my good ol'Canadian self has limitations in its adaptability. Here are five reasons I am not turning into a southern man... before you go flaming me, note that those are personal likes and dislikes. They form part of the southern identity I love so much.

Biscuits and gravy: I've tried and can't get behind this. People keep telling me I haven't had the good stuff. But never offer it to me. To be honest, I like both individually. Just not together.

Fried turkey: This one has more to do with the logistics or taste. Too much YouTube and jackass?

Collared Greens: What don't I like about slimy leafy veggies?

Sweet Tea: I love iced tea. I don't get a drink that packs more sugar than a Coke. I'll take the slightly bitter taste of unsweet tea any day. Brewed iced tea is just delicious! I love good tea, with a touch of cream. And the occasional touch of honey. But sweet tea: no thanks.

Hockey: Lets be honest. The south is not a hotbed for hockey. I lucked out here in Nashville to have a team! A team I can root for most of the year until my Habs come to town!

Now you can start flaming. I wrote this post specifically to spur you on. I hope it worked. I love the South, so much warmer than my native land!

JP

2 comments:

  1. I grew up in the south and don't like Sweet Tea either. But not liking biscuits and gravy? That's just crazy talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hence, why I'm not becoming southern.

      Delete