JP On Gaming

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

150 PFS tables run! 5 Star here I come!

I was a long time coming, but I finally got to the super milestone! Between with Dec 5 2009 and October 8th 2012, I managed to put together a total of 150 GM'd Pathfinder Society tables! Looking at it, those tables spanned two countries (Canada & US), and four states (California, Colorado, Idaho and Washington). So many memories, so many friends made during that time! The PFS community has been growing and is really awesome!

It was an honor to run "the" table with friends who suffered under me for all these years... Brad, Brian, D'Anne, Eric, Jeff, and Jon (names I mentioned before on this blog). And what better way to celebrate that milestone than to brutally slay not one, but kinda two (D'Anne was brought back to life thank to a Breath of Life spell).

The first game I ran was PFS0-05 Mists of Mwangi (still one of the best to start) and #150 was PFS4-04 King of the Storval Stairs. Of the 150 tables, they were over 60 unique adventures (I ran the -EX a LOT, and many others just a single time). A lot of different adventures...

Someone asked me "how many TPKs" did you have... Well that's not something I'm very proud of, but I can say it was one... Back in the spring of 2010. A sad affair in the "Eye of the Crocodile King" - which I think was a great adventure, if only the dominate person ability was removed... Oh well...

For those of you who were not there, Jacque (the new Colorado VC) made a nice and very touching speech, for which I was extremely grateful. The warm reception from the crowd was also very touching. I thought that was really classy. Like so many others, I am very glad she got the job and know she'll do great things. Thanks Jacque! She and Jeff gave me a nice gift certificate talk about the cherry on a sundae! It's a HUGE boost towards getting my Colossal/ Gargantuan beast for Warmachine/ Hordes. I have since ordered the Archangel for my Legion of Everblight army from Jeff (he who giveth shall receive!). Though it is still a LONG ways away, I am very excited about spending my collection of gift certificates. I've been "hording" for months now to get that thing.

I've said it before, but the Colorado gaming group is definitly one of the best I've seen in the world (that's 5 countries)! Thanks a lot!

As soon as the table is reported, I should qualify for my fifth star! I might be the first 5-star Gm in Colorado. Woohoo!

JP

5 comments:

  1. Congratulation mate - glad you had a special night running your 150th. Sorry I couldn't be there - I'll be there for your 300th! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! Would love to have you! 300 will be a long time coming.

      Delete
  2. Congrats JP. I just hit 150 this weekend too. My first scenario GM'd was Mists of Mwangi too - though I took an extra year to get here.

    Don Walker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, man!

    ReplyDelete