JP On Gaming

Friday, May 28, 2021

[Tau] Will's Heavy XV-88 Suits

These Tau are a commission I did for my friend Will. Last I painted tau was back around 2002 or 2003 when I lived in Quebec City.

Now when Will gave me that whole army, he told me he wanted a color palette based on the classic cartoons like Mazinger.

As I looked at these guys, I kept thinking these guys I thought the first batch looked like a trio of guitarists, like Iron Maiden... After chasing away that idea from my mind, I decided to paint them using a blue base roughly inspired by the GMs from Gundam. The end result was much bluer, but they look cool.

The other group with the missile-launcher arms were painted in green, using the Zaku from Gundam (one of my favorite Mobile Suit of all time). The two are posed next to a Zaku I bought in Japan in 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment