JP On Gaming

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Rahadin: Dread Knight of Ravenloft Released

One of the characters from Curse of Strahd that peaked my interest has always been "the butler," Rahadin. For a character with such a rich (and absolutely abject) history and background, I felt, as a GM, that was a wildcard for me to use. He is powerful enough to seriously hurt the party at low-to-mid levels. And later, he becomes added muscle.

Now for all the horrific things he did, there is no way someone like him would simply fade away and vanish from history.

I thought of doing something to my players wherein he rose again - as he should. So I started playing with the idea and the name "Dread Knight of Ravenloft" appeared in my mind. I began playing with the idea...

What I came up with a monster that can definitely provide a challenge to a party of adventurers around levels 9-11 (basically by the time they finish CoS.

Now this is not set, defined encounter. It is very much a villain and that wildcard to use wherever it is most convenient in your own campaign.

The PDF contains a collated history and note on how and why he would become the Dread Knight of Ravenloft, as well as how to introduce this new menace. I included the original stat block but gave him an "out of stat block power" to make him creepier in an eerie way.

Get Rahadin: Dread Knight of Ravenloft now available on the DM's Guild.

Note: as a special thank you for their support, all members of our Patreon will receive a free copy of this book as a thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment