JP On Gaming

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Revamped FOELegacies.com

First Ones Entertainment

It's been a long time coming... I am currently putting the finishing touches on a revamped FOELegacies.com. For a few years now, the site lay partially completed, in a state I really did not enjoy much. But I did not have the time or the inspiration to complete the re-work.

Fast forward to July 2017.

As I stared at the blank page of one of my Gencon adventures, I began to draw on a spare piece of paper some squares. Just simple shapes. As I stacked together more and more boxes, inspiration struck and I immediately knew how I wanted the site to look like.

I put down a few things, such as ideas how to use the awesome art Irene and others produced for me. I giggled and laughed like a madman as the whole thing began to take shape.

Then the laughing stopped abruptly. I knew how I wanted it to look... Now I had to actually make it. I spent a few evenings trying to fix the site as it was, with JQuery and Javascript only... but it did not look as I wanted. I just could not get it exactly as I wanted.

So I dropped everything. Literally. I decided I would use a different type of technology, one I was not very familiar with. Oh yes, I've done and worked on a number of ASP.NET sites over the years, but this one was the first one I would build FOR ME. To fulfill my vision.

Many sleepless nights followed before I published my project to FOELegacies.com and began to testing it, making sure the links worked as I expected. And I liked what I see... It is simple, usable and quick... Just like my vision.

TLDR New look for FOELegacies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment