I've been teasing you for months now, with trial covers, art previews, contents preview, tidbits and all kind of other goodies this book holds.
Truth be told, it's been a long time coming for me too. I could tell you of the long evenings, of the endless chats with artists, of the discussion with players, of the reviews, edits, and changes all the way to the last minute... Which is all true.
But that's not really what I want to say. I want to talk about the many people that got me to the finish line. (It is Thanksgiving tomorrow and I am very thankful to many people).
- Let me start with my wife and kids, who tolerated daddy spending his evening on his computer writing, reviewing or editing material for the book
- I must thank the many artists who provided pieces for the book. In particular Irene-C, Kaitlynn-P, James-H, William-H, Peter-S, and Roxann-S who did work for me.
- I must thank the many friends who offered to do work for me - usually for free - such as Neale's awesome fonts or Chad's redo of the Saggakar map that made it into the final work.
- I must thank the many players who offered ideas and suggestions, from the days when I started writing NeoExodus adventures through today.
- I must thank the other publishers who agreed to share their wisdom with me, such as LPJ, Steve-R, Henry-L, and Dale-MJr.
- I must thank the authors whose ideas helped me
- I must thank bloggers who commented and argued for/against elements of the setting.
In short, I am thankful for my gaming family, those with whom I rolled dice and those I meet and read about every day through social media, blogs or in person.
This book, moreso than all my previous efforts forced me to learn a number of new skills and push myself to learn and perfect new skills. Particularly in the area of page design and such.
I am really looking forward to writing more material for Saggakar. Right now, we have four-five adventures in the works, a location sourcebook, and a monster book. But things don't stop there... I will be doing some "extra-curricular" material in the new year. Will be a nice change in addition to a great idea overall.
As to where you can get this fun book, it is available in digital format (for now) on RPGNow.com. The print format should be available in the next few days as a print on demand product. If you purchase the book now, you will get the Limited Edition 2015 Edition cover with Korb instead of Awelara!
Thank you again, and have a great Thanksgiving