JP On Gaming

Thursday, May 15, 2014

I'm forty years old

I am now forty years old. 1974-2014. Yep, the big 4-0.

Looking back at this last decade of my life yields a lot of major changes. Now I have only been writing this blog for five years now, and plan on writing for many more years to go.

I held three jobs in that time, we bought three houses, moved five times (six for me), had three children, I got married to my loving wife, moved to a different country, lived in two states I never thought I would love so much, I became a published author of "real books", became a publisher myself, oversaw five different region of organized play, made so many new friends, visited states I only read about, seen places I never thought I would visit and want to go back, we did road trips, I taught my son about hockey, football and wrestling, I attended an NFL game with my father for his 70th birthday, I saw my beloved Montreal Canadiens hockey club play in an away game, I saw hockey games in three different cities, I saw Rush's 30th anniversary, saw shows from Sonata Arctica and Edguy, attended three different Comic-Cons.

Gaming wise, I got paid for my first commission (in money, not in book copies), we witnessed the death of 3.5, the arrival of 4e, the rise of Pathfinder, the death of 4e, the play-test of 5e, Akos, NeoExodus, I attended my first Gencon, my two eldest daughters attended their first con, I played with them on their first table, I published my first miniature game, started and continued this blog.

This barely scratches the surface.

Which brings us to now. I must say that I have more projects and plans these days than I had ten years ago when I was still just dabbling in the craft of writing. When I still tried to understand why I was both fascinated and intrigued by this thing that was new to me (I only really started writing seriously since 2000).

I must say that I thank the Good Lord for his many blessings.

JP

PS: The FOE sale is going real well, and since my Hockey team won last night (Go Habs Go!) I have decided to extend the sale until Sunday night! FOE 40% off sale

1 comment: